LifeBridge Music


Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Life Sucks! You gotta read!

I have heard comments lately from people who have evacuated from their homes because of Gustav and said things like, life sucks! This is not fair, why are we always the ones to get slammed? I understand their frustrations to some degree. But I also don't understand it, because the choice is theirs to stay or go. We are going to always have hurricanes and they will come to land and destroy tons of stuff. It is just a fact of life. I truly empathize with our neighbors and friends and am willing to help any way that I can.

But as I think about unfair, I was reading about it this morning. In Acts 16 these two guys Paul and Silas are going from place to place and there is this annoying lady that follows them and saying out loud, these guys on on God's team. They are here making noise.....(my paraphrase) So Paul turns and cast the evil spirit out of her. Her owner is now p oed! His income (she was a fortune teller) is now shot. So what do they do, throw Paul and Silas in jail after they get a beating. NOW THAT IS NOT FAIR! No trial, no attorneys nothing. It's one thing to be thrown in prison for a crime you did, but to be thrown in cause you cast an evil spirit out of someone. How would you like that, stand before the jury and say guilty or NOT Guilty. uh sir or ma'am, I am guilty. What is your crime? Uh casting out an evil spirit.....WHAT? Is that not hilarious! I think so....the Bible is awesome. The rest of the story is incredible, check it out!

Philip Thurman

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great work.