LifeBridge Music


Sunday, August 31, 2008

My Prayer

As I have been preparing this week and the news of the hurricane coming, all I could think to do was to pray instead of being overwhelmed. So below is an excerpt of my prayer from my journal.

Well, we're all bracing for what Hurricane Gustav will decide to do. Right now things are projecting just west of New Orleans. Our local shelters are starting to fill up with people moving north. It is times like this that we many times get to experience the goodness of mankind. I hope we will show kindness to many who may be displayed over the next few days and weeks.

Those of us who are at home in the safety and comfort of our own homes should find time to serve and encourage those who are away from their safe place. Find time to serve, encourage and love on someone who may need it this week. Don't listen to the twist that our enemy will try and whisper in to your ears such as "you can't do that, you don't have anything, don't smile, your inconvenienced as well...etc etc." Take some time this week to bless others who are being displaced.

May they see Jesus in your kind actions. This is my prayer for all of us these next few weeks.

Philip Thurman

No comments: