LifeBridge Music


Tuesday, July 29, 2008

What's Its Purpose?

Have you ever had things in your life that you have wondered what their purpose is? Maybe you have even wondered that about yourself. Well, the latter is easier to answer cause we can look at past experiences, passions, heart etc. to determine possibly some of those things. If we have a relationship with Jesus Christ we also know what our purpose is, but enough about that type of stuff.

Have you ever wondered what the purpose of jelly fish are? I mean really, what good do they serve? They are slow and almost stupid acting. They wrap on to you and sting the tar out of you. What good do they serve? NOTHING that I can see. Then think about wasp, what do they do besides build nest in places that are so random and sting people. Huge rats, what do they do except hang out in nasty places. What about gnats, weird spelling, but what do they do? I'm sure someone has answers for these, but I see no purpose for them especially since I am on vacation and all of these things seem to be where I am.

Throughout history religious leaders have thanked God that they were NOT born a gentile, not born a woman and on and on. Today, why don't you thank God that you are NOT one of the above things, but the Bible says that you are fearfully and wonderfully made. It also says that you were made in the image of God. WOW! Those are cool words, words that God has used to encourage me this week while I am on vacation.

Philip Thurman

No comments: