LifeBridge Music


Thursday, July 24, 2008

Why?

This past month I have had this question asked of me many times. Why, is not a bad question to ask when you are part of a church like LifeBridge. We do things differently and we really have reasons for our madness. As a communicator I need a break. Sure I could speak 50 weeks out of the year and be exhausted with all the other things I have to do. One of things we value though is the ability to be able train younger teachers, but also to expose our family to other great styles and communicators. It also gives me a chance to get away and worship under some other men that I really respect and be challenged, but also to just be a face in the crowd. This past Sunday I had the privilege of being at northpoint.org Church. It was awesome to get to hear Loiue Giglio as well.

Another reason for taking time off was to be able to go to Panama City with our youth. Man, it is so important to get to hang out with the next generation. They are so fired up about their relationship with God. Honestly, in that group may be the next Pastor of LifeBridge, maybe the next President, Governor of the State of Mississippi. It is always an encouragement to get to hang out with them. It also allows me to get to spend some time with the kids and get to know them as well. Wow, we have some amazing young people. Some who have gone through great hardships, and some currently going through some hardships, yet through it all they are holding their heads up and following Christ.

It also allows me to focus some energies on leadership development. I feel strongly about being a strong leader and developing a team that desires to lead as well. We have a great team and I don't want to slow them down or get in their way. So it is a time for me to recharge and re-focus for the fall. I also usually get away with my family on vacation. So this is the last blog for a week. Talk to you when we get back.

Philip Thurman

No comments: