LifeBridge Music


Monday, June 30, 2008

Monday's Mentions

I find that coming out of the weekends I tend to have a million ideas to blog about. As the week progresses I struggle with trying to think about what to write. Every now and then I come across somethings that just rock in my reading time. This morning was one of those times. Many of you know that I read at least one proverb a day corresponding to the date. Today I was reading in Proverbs 31. It is said to have been written by a man who asked God for wisdom. He was loaded with cash and all the bling bling you could imagine. In spite all of that he still did not find full meaning in life, so he writes these brilliant sayings.

In the Message version there is a section entitled "Four Intolerables." He list four things that shake the foundation. WOW!
1) when the janitor becomes the boss
2) when a FOOL gets rich
3) when a whore is voted "woman of the year"
4) when a "girlfriend" replaces a faithful wife.
Wow, these are so true. Can you see the truth and power in these words? The he move on and talks about four small wonders.
1) ants - frail as they are, get plenty of food in for the winter
2) marmots - (what the heck is this?) (any bushy-tailed, stocky roden) vulnerable as they are, manage to arrange for rock solid homes
3) locusts - leaderless insects, yet they strip the field like an army regiment
4) lizards - easy enough to catch, but they sneak past vigilant palace guards.

I could go on and on, but see the wisdom of these words. Rock on!

Philip Thurman

No comments: