LifeBridge Music


Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

We come to that time of the year where we quickly put away any memory of Christmas and start focusing on the goals, resolutions we want to set for the New Year. We take down all the decorations for Christmas and go back to our ruts we live in day in and day out. I plan to live my life differently this year. I want to live it wide open in relationships. I want to get to know more folks this year and hopefully be a positive influence in their lives. I'm ready for the challenge.

I want to take a moment and brag about a few things. In December I have taken a break from teaching and Greg, Scott Woody and Brock have taught or will teach. Man, they have all done a phenominal job. Thanks guys for your heart and abilities to communicate God's word in a fresh and relevant way. We have had incredible crowds in the month as well. Then Christmas Eve service was LIGHTS OUT! Man, we had to at the last minute run around and find chairs for the huge overflow crowd. Largest Christmas Eve service ever. I want you to say thanks to some folks for me. Obviously, Scott, the band and the sound guys were incredible. Did anyone see Steve Theim in the tie? What was up with that:)? He looked sharp. His brother was with him and was an incredible help as well.

Our staff and their spouses are amazing. One of our nursery workers no showed, so Kathy Jones stood in the gap and served in the nursery. This is a real hero to me. I know she would have loved to have been with her husband or ever watch him whale on the electric guitar, but she did the greater good......stayed and loved on babies. Kathy, you rock! Russell, Sean, Joey, Greg, Brock busted a gut to find chairs....thanks guys! Brock also took care of lighting candles, getting the Lord's Supper elements ready to go as well. I know I have left someone out and it is not intentional, thank you to you as well. I get to serve and be in the greatest church around town. I truly believe that with all my heart.

Last but not least I want to thank all of you who "Invested and Invited." You know who you are. There's one lady who brought a ton of her family with her. She really gets what we're doing and is rocking my socks off. She loves this place and constantly shares her story with others. ROCK on! Another family shared how they had invited a daughter that is currently running from God and she was present. So, God continues to use normal folks like you to grow His church. I love you guys and wish for you a Wonderful Mew Year.

Philip Thurman

No comments: