LifeBridge Music


Sunday, December 9, 2007

Is It Really Christmas Time?

This weather is something else. Driving home today I saw a flashing signboard that said it is 82 degrees outside. I wonder if this was what it felt like the week Baby Jesus was born. I don't know about you, but I would like it a bit cooler. I usually think of the Christmas season as a bit cooler.

I want to brag about the team God has assembled at LifeBridge. This past Friday night the staff and Advisory Team spent time celebrating this time of year. I say it every year, but this is the best team I have ever had the chance of serving with in a church. Every week our Porch environment gets better and better. Greg is doing an amazing job trying to make it flow and be staffed properly. John continues to make sure the visual and business side of things run smoothly. Johnny works overtime trying to keep me in line and our small groups working. I love watching Davis connect with our youth, Sharon singing and talking to kids in xtreme and Natalie working with the preschoolers. Each week Scott prepares us to worship God through song. I am overwhelmed at all God is doing through this team.

Thanks to all of you who serve, invite and give. This place is what I envision when I think of a church. Pretty close to perfect:) We do have a long way to go, but thanks for all each of you do. As we go through this season, I pray you will prayerfully ask God who you might invite for the Christmas Eve service. We will meet at 5:00 p.m. and will be out in 45 minutes.

Have a great week

Philip Thurman

No comments: