LifeBridge Music


Friday, October 26, 2007

Big Money

Today is the day! We head to the bank to pay off the land! YEA! I have never held such big amounts of money in my hand. It's funny how having that much money in my hands makes me feel different. When I carry it around I act like I am somebody. Why is that? Even though it's NOT mine, I try to act like I'm somebody important. Isn't it funny (or maybe just sad) how money makes us act?

Yesterday I read in the Gospel of John about the rich guy and the beggar. The beggar ends up in heaven and the rich guy goes to hell. (He didn't go to hell because he's rich, but because of the way he USED his money and focused his life--all on himself.) This passage intrigued me all day. Here's a guy who had everything, but really had NOTHING. The beggar had nothing, but in all reality had EVERYTHING. If the truth be known, wouldn't we all have wanted what the rich guy had? Money and possessions make us feel, look, and act important. But that $$$$$$ makes us do weird things.

Philip Thurman

No comments: