LifeBridge Music


Friday, March 28, 2008

Termites?

About a week ago I was in my bedroom and saw some holes in the wall of our bedroom. I walked over to the wall to see what was going on. The holes seemed to form a neat little line. As I applied pressure on them they began to cave in and form a line. I then stopped and looked at the window seal to find it covered with swarmers that were dead. I called Chris (who plays bass in our band) who works for Dependable Pest Control. Man, he came and did a thorough check of everything and gave the exciting news. "YOU HAVE TERMITES!" Can I say that I was pumped......NOT!

As I thought about what I happened I began to think about my life. How often do termites get into my life? The termite of anger, oh no one sees it initially, but at some trigger moment it becomes exposed. Or the mask that everything is okay in my life, but slowly the termite's eat through the sheetrock and wham.....everything falls apart and I can't do anything to stop it. This morning in my reading time in Proverbs 13:6 (NLT) it says, "Godliness helps people all through life, while the evil are destroyed by their wickedness." The pest guys are going to shoot a chemical into my house called termidor. It is potent stuff and guaranteed to kill these bad boys. In the same way, pursuing God gives us life, life at it's very best.

Lastly, today a number of men are helping Trinity Church (partner church in Canton) move out of their old building into storage. I also heard that a number of them are planning on coming to LifeBridge this week. God's doing some awesome things. It may be a week or so before I post again. Jim and I are headed Tuesday to Homestead, Florida to meet with a Haitian church about possibly doing some mission work with them.

Peace

Philip Thurman

1 comment:

John said...

I've been through a lot the past year. I've been attacked relentlessly by satan since the day I accepted Christ into my life. I've done things that are embarrassing, shameful, sinful and ungodly. Even though I've done everything I could possibly do to hurt and push away everyone I love and loves me, God has remained at my side. He has remained at my side through every twist and turn. He has remained at my side through friends and signs. I've built relationships over the past three years with some amazing people. I know one thing is for sure. I wouldn't be where I am today without theese people. Every day is another step in my walk with Christ. Even though my feet hurt, it's a walk I'll gladly take. Lifebridge is an amazing church. Thank you to all who have been there for my family and for me. You all have a home in my heart. Thanks Philip for all that you do. God has put you in my life for a reason. It's a blessing to have you as a friend. There are many other people that have been inserted into my life by God. I'll identify them in future posts. God bless all of you.