LifeBridge Music


Monday, November 19, 2007

Time Off

Every now and then, it is important for all of us to have some time off to refresh, rest and relax. I got to have one of those weekends this past weekend. Well, I got to do most of the R's. I went with my oldest son to Fairfax, Virginia for an invitiation soccer tournament. Adidas had a youth showcase tournament for U-14 only along with the MLS (Major League Soccer). We played three teams. One from Southbay, California, one from Virginia and the last one from Massachusetts. Oh, wait, no body else really cares about that except this crazy father.

I had the privilege of attending NCC (National Community Church) that meets in movie theaters around the D.C. and surrounding areas. I went to Union Station service and man it was awesome. Sitting beside me was a street guy who really had an odor, but he was welcomed and seemed to know a ton about that church. After church I was walking out and aother guy two rows behind me was out cold. It was probably the first food and warm spot he had been in for a while. It was a great service, but I got to tell you something! Our band rocks! I think we have some of the best music around. It was great to worship with someone else though and have a Sunday to relax. He taught on Super Ma III. Wow! The video clips were awesome.

The icing of the weekend was to be able to go to RFK stadium and watch the MLS championship game between Houston Dynamo and the New England Revolution. It was a great game and the Dynamo won their second championship in a row. The celebration and party was incredible. They had a huge fly over at the beginning of the game. It was an emotional event for me. Well, I'll probably refelct more on all this later.

I hope when you travel out of town on Sunday's that you will take time to worship somewhere and see what they do and be encouraged by what God is doing at LifeBridge.

Philip Thurman

No comments: